No announcement yet.

Giving Up With Linkshare - It is so difficult to carry on the most Basic Tasks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving Up With Linkshare - It is so difficult to carry on the most Basic Tasks

Giving Up With Linkshare - It is so difficult to carry on the most Basic Tasks

If it were at all possible it is even more confusing and biblically clunky to use than CJ.

Both are exercises in how to make the simplest task so complex -

We give up!

Can you show me how to get linkshare's product feeds?

It is utter baffling to me?

The bento Box just sends me to more complex "howtos" and a series of 3rd party Tools which are completely unusable to my Sellers.

All I need is the Product Feeds with our link codes attached. Simple.

There is no easy way to create an FTP

Its an utter mess - The help files are more complex than I have ever seen.
    Last edited by Trammp; 22-02-16, 12:44 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

OK working on this.

I just wish all Affiliate feeds were as simple as Shareasale and AW

Will report back

Comment

this is their latest response which I would point to the massive complexities of LS:

I understand that you would like to access all your datafeeds using ftp. Please be advised that there will be different FTP access for all your different marketing channels only. Inside this folder, you will get feeds from the advertisers whom you are approved with. So you will not need a single separate FTP for each of your channels and each of your advertisers.

Hence, I'll advise you to get FTP access in only that marketing channel which you'd like to use actively. Let me know if you'd want FTP in all 8 of your marketing channels (if not please let me know the Site ID in which you require an FTP access).

I can't make head nor tails of this!

Whats your take - we have 100 "Marketing channels"

If my interpretation is correct - how messy is this?
        Last edited by Trammp; 22-02-16, 07:27 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

But yeah, if you want to keep the channels seperate, you would have to apply for the merchandiser seperately for each channel.
          1. I don't want separate channels - would rather have all my datafeeds in one place - ! So I can use my import program to map the fields.
          So I am forced to apply separately - for approval on each Merchant - for each different channel?

LS TOLD me that's how it works or the links won't be valid.

So you suggested solution requires keeping track of these relationships. Goodness!!

Is this a mistake??

I see how to get the links:
          • But there is no way to select all the results in one go - you have to manually cycle thru each page and select per page.
          • Do these links already have the correct IDs for my account?

Shareasale use one ID for all approved merchants - nice and simple - you just simply download the CSV for that merchant direct from the Merchant's Listing

LS method is a huge amount of work!

If the stuff you describe is not carried out in a more streamlined fashion by LS - what is the point of an Affiliate Management Service?
          Last edited by Trammp; 22-02-16, 10:57 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

I'd echo what Neatfour says about it being not so bad once you've figured out the initial set up BUT with one caveat - it does depend a lot on the merchants you're working with to have a feed that's properly set up and well maintained. If they are not you're in for one serious headache.

Comment

Latest response.

I understand that you have multiple number of marketing channels. Hence, you got it right that you have to get a separate approval for each marketing channel for every advertiser in that channel. This means that you will have to apply 8times to Beuaty Bridges from each of your marketing channel. This is how the system is designed. I am sorry for the inconveniences caused.
              This is a ridiculous system.

Comment

Have to agree with comments here regarding both Linkshare and CJ interfaces, particulalrly the feed systems - dreadful. I sometimes wonder why I bother with these two networks. The other factor with Linkshare is I get way more rejections from their merchants than any other, it's been that way for many years, so then I wonder just how they present their affiliates to their merchants.

Comment

Forget the interface being tricky, have you seen how they do cancelled commissions? Must be horrendus for themerchant and the affiliate if they sell something with lots of returns.

Comment

Originally posted by yuppy View Post
                    Forget the interface being tricky, have you seen how they do cancelled commissions? Must be horrendus for themerchant and the affiliate if they sell something with lots of returns.
                    Frankly I have stopped working with both Linkshare and CJ Affiliate Managers having given up asking about the simplest tasks.

So its not a problem anymore!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,092 at 06:53 PM on 01-03-10.

Working...
                    X